Est. 2015

Est. 2015

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Big 6-0

This lady turns 60 today. 

60 years of so much love and life. I can't even begin to describe the amount love and support she has provided to her family throughout her life. 

She has been my biggest fan for all of my days and a huge support system.  She is the first second (just for you, Bill) that I call with any news I receive whether good or bad.


-As a child, she found a way to bring a smile to my face after I came to her in tears over friend drama.
-She protected me from my 3 older siblings who loved to pick on me. (poor me!)
-She found a way to put her grief aside to be there for the 4 of us when we lost my Dad.

-She was overjoyed when I landed my first teaching job in Decatur and let me move in and take over her house.
-On the day Robert passed, she was the first person to my house with open arms crying and comforting me. 
-When I didn't want to stay in the house I bought with Robert, she opened her doors back up for me to move back in with her.
-She encouraged me to not give up hope when I thought I'd never find anyone else after Robert.
-Last July, she spent 12 hours at the hospital to see me through the birth and loss of my sweet daughter and was even there to support Bill and I through planning the services.

-She's always there to sew, hem, and fix any clothes that I need altered.
-She hosts our family at her house every holiday making delicious food and providing for her family.
-She supports me in all of life's decisions whether she thinks they're the best or not.

I could not be any more thankful to have her as my Mom.  I am forever grateful for the relationship we have, and I'm so lucky that we live so close that we are able to see each other weekly. 






God did great giving you to me as a Mom. I love you and I hope you have a great birthday.  You deserve the best!












No comments:

Post a Comment