Each family is given a pinwheel for each baby lost. You can decorate and write on your pinwheel. When your baby's name is called, you place your pinwheel in the "Garden of Dreams". Once the walk is over, that pinwheel is yours to take home.
Different people spoke about losing their babies from a mother, father, and grandmother's point of view. As Bill and I stood holding hands, I felt so comforted being surrounded by so many others going through the same emotions as we were. Our loss is still so fresh in our mind and others are here who lost babies 15-20 years ago. So powerful!
Bill and I are SO lucky to have such a HUGE support team! We were surrounded by many family members who joined us as TEAM KENDYN to walk together. After the balloon release to remember our babies, it was time to walk. It was a 2 mile walk and it was so nice to just spend time together walking a talking.
I wanted to share a poem from the closing reading that touched me.
"As I sit in heaven
And watch you every day
I try to let you know with signs
I never went away
I hear you when you're laughing
And watch you as you sleep
I even place my arms around you
To calm you as you weep
I see you wish the days away
Begging to have me home
So i try to send you signs
So you know you are not alone
Don't feel guilty that you have
Life that was denied to me
Heaven is truly beautiful
Just you wait and see
So live your life, laugh again,
Enjoy yourself, be free
Then I know with every step you take
You'll be taking one for me"
We all left and went to lunch together meeting up with my Grandma and two aunts. It was such a fun day spent with family remembering our sweet little girl. We all had such a great time together.
Bill and I will be back every year as a way to honor Kendyn as well as all babies whose lives on earth were too short!
No comments:
Post a Comment