Est. 2015

Est. 2015

Monday, November 14, 2016

Year One

Here we are.  One year of marriage... one year of being a Miller.

I've always heard that the first year of marriage is the hardest....

Well our year was hard, very hard, but I do have to say that Bill and I have grown so much over this year in our lives and in our love. 

Our first year has been a roller coaster full of emotions. 
-December - We celebrated our first Christmas in our new home and had our Moms and my Grandma over for breakfast on Christmas morning. 
-March - Bill had minor surgery to remove a cyst and we were ELATED to find out we were pregnant! 
-May - We both finished the school year and started summer together.
-June - We went to Disney (my first time) with Jen and Chris on a belated honeymoon and used Minnie to help us announce IT's A GIRL! 
-July - This was a very rough one for us. On July 14 we went from thinking our pregnancy was going great to hearing our pregnancy was ending.  We gave birth to our first child, Kendyn Kathryn at 11:08pm.  We officially became a family of three and enjoyed every single second we spent with our girl. I'll be forever grateful for that time that we was spent with her and all she knew in her short life here was love .  The next week we had to go plan her funeral and bury our baby.  Just heartbreaking.  We spent the remainder of July just making it through each day.  I am forever grateful that Bill and I were both off work and able to spend that time together just to hold onto and love each other.  It was exactly what we needed. 
-August- It was back to school for both of us.  As hard as it was, it was needed and it was comforting to find a new normal.
-September - On the 16th, we had a positive pregnancy test.  Oh my goodness! I was so excited, nervous, scared and everything in between ... Here we go with baby number 2.
-October - We had to say "See you later" to Bill's Grandpa.  It was a very hard loss especially after already losing his Dad.  Another moment that I'm so thankful we have each other to lean on as well as amazing family and friends.  We also got to see our baby #2 for the first time.
-Here we are back to November.  Celebrating Bill's 34th birthday.

I can't help but look back on November 14, 2015 and beam with pride. It was a dream come true for me!  After what I'd be through with Robert, there was a part of me that just kept questioning if this day would really happen. 

And it did .,.. Thank God! 









Photo credit to Valerie Cook.  She's amazing!! 

Just last week I went through every single one of our wedding pictures just to relive that day.  It was perfect in every way and the best part is .. at the end of the day WE WERE MARRIED! 

William - I love you more than life itself and thank God daily that I have you to love me for the rest of forever.  Last year, I couldn't imagine loving you more but seeing you through life's roller coaster this year has made my love for you grow enormously.  YOU are my happily ever after and MY prince who made my dreams come true.  



I will spend the rest of my days fighting for YOU! Happy 1st Anniversary!  Here's to many more with you by my side! Love you so much bigger! 



No comments:

Post a Comment