Shortly after Kendyn was born and passed, my sister informed me of a non profit organization called Molly Bears.
This is an organization created by a family who suffered the loss of a baby. Their mission is to help comfort grieving families who have lost babies by providing them with a custom bear that is the same weight as the baby they lost. I found them on facebook and began looking into what I needed to do to get my hands on one of these bears.
Now, this is a very,very popular organization. I found out these bears can only be ordered by the parents who lost a child and it is only a $20 fee to the family. They only take 125 orders on the 30th of every month, and boy, do they go fast! We were THRILLED to get our name on the waiting list on July 30. We were waiting by the computer at the exact moment that the order form opened to ensure that we would make the list.
We completed the form. There was a comment portion to let the maker know something that reminded you of your child, so they could make this bear custom for you. After our trip to Disney and using Minnie to help us announce the gender, I had to put Minnie. Bill chimed in and said "Supergirl". He had already bought her a supergirl dress. As I clicked 'order', I was a little worried about what this bear would look like. We were then notified that it is a 6- to 8 month waiting period to get your bear.... so we started our waiting process.
Mid October, I received an email to confirm our order and recheck all information that was sent. After replying, I received another email stating the bear would be shipped by Dec 16, which meant we would have it in time for Christmas. I was thrilled!
I was even more excited when I received an email in early November saying our bear had shipped!!
On November 10, Bill's Birthday, our Molly Bear package arrived. Bill had a basketball game that night, so I (not so patiently) waiting to open the box until he got home. It felt like Christmas morning, opening this gift that we were soooo anxious to see.
We pulled it out, and instantly fell in love.
This is the PERFECT mix of Minnie and Supergirl. I can't even begin to explain the emotions that came on when I held this bear that night. This 12.2 oz bear that represented my tiny, precious baby girl that I was only able to hold for a few short hours. Tears came to my eyes as I held this bear and it brought be back to July 14 and 15. Never would I have imagined that this bear could do that to me.
Our Kendyn bear is now tucked safe in the crib where Kendyn would've been sleeping had we brought her home. We plan to keep this bear in the nursery to remind us that she is watching over us and our future babies.
I can't thank Molly Bears enough for providing us with this comfort. There are days I just go in there and hold that bear for comfort. Since I won't be able to hold my baby until I reach Heaven's gate, this Kendyn bear will get me through.
If you know of anyone who has suffered from child loss, please refer them to this organization. It's one of the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment