This pregnancy seemed easy and calm which made me worry, but it is a very good thing. With Reagan, we had weekly ultrasounds from 14-28 weeks to ensure everything was going just fine. This time around we didn't need to do that because of the cerclage. We had our anatomy scan at 22 weeks and everything looked great. I went back for one more scan to get better pictures of the heart, but then there were no more ultrasounds ... It made me nervous knowing that I didn't have the weekly appointments to reassure me that this precious baby was going just fine, but I also trusted my doctors who assured me that everything was going ok.
| Pregnant with Reagan on the left and Kinley on the right |
| 38 Weeks |
| 38 weeks 6 days - My Last day of work. The day before Kinley's birthday |
My doctor told me that she just wanted me to make it to 34 weeks and every day after that was just icing on the cake. Bill and I tried to get everything washed and ready with the mindset that if we were ready, this baby girl wouldn't come early. On Monday, March 25 at 36 weeks and 5 days, we had the cerclage removed. I was fully prepared to go into labor that week, but it didn't happen... I go to my 38 week appointment and the doctor asked what the plan was. Did we want to schedule an induction or wait and see what happened? With my due date just 5 days before Easter, I was determined to not spend Easter in the hospital. Last year, we were in the hospital for Easter with Reagan's asthma, and I didn't want to do that again. I elected to be induced at 39 weeks.
This brings us to 4:30 am on Wednesday, April 10. We arrived at the hospital, got settled in our room, and were ready to begin this process. In my mind, it was going to go quick because it did with Reagan. This pregnancy and labor taught me that every baby is different. About 6:30, the second nurse was able to get my IV in and I was dilated to a 2. The pitocin was started between 7 and 7:30 and my Dr. came in to break my water about 8:30. We began the process of contractions. I got the epidural about 11 and that seemed to slow down contractions a little bit. After realizing the contraction monitor wasn't picking up contractions, they started to get more and more about 1. The nurse said she'd come back at 2 to check on me. At 2:15, I paged her that the pressure was building and she came in and said we were ready. We did a couple of "practice" pushes and then she told me to stop so she could call the dr. My doctor came and at 3:07 pm, we got our first glimpse of Miss Kinley Kate Miller. She was 20 inches long and weighed 7lbs 11 oz. She was beautiful and I was so relieved she was here and healthy!
The hospital was CRAZY that day. There were 9 babies born throughout the day, so the nurses were very, very busy.
Grandma Kathy and Grandma Betsy were the first ones to meet Miss Kinley. Reagan came up that evening to meet her as well. She wasn't too sure at first, but it didn't take long and she fell in love.
Due to the craziness of the hospital, we only had to stay one night. We came home the evening of April 11 to begin our new normal!
| Reagan on the left and Kinley on the right |
| So happy to be heading home! |
Our life as a family of four at home has been going well. Reagan is becoming such a great helper and Kinley is the best baby. Bill is back to work, Reagan is back to daycare, and Kinley and I are getting used to our life at home together until Summer begins.
I can't help but think what life would be like with all three of our girls at home with us, but that wasn't in God's plan. We will carry on loving on our two beautiful girls here and look forward to the day that we will see Kendyn again.

No comments:
Post a Comment