Est. 2015

Est. 2015

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Hello again!

I didn't realize how long it had been since I blogged...  Obviously, life took off for us in full swing with the start of the school year, and the blog was put on the back burner.  Along with school starting, we also had some big news! 

On August 10, Bill and I found out that we were expecting!  We were excited, scared, nervous, thrilled and everything in between. We were ready for Reagan to be a big sister, but not sure if we were ready for the everyday worries that came with pregnancy.  Also, in the back of my mind, I couldn't help but think how the beginning of the school year and the first trimester of pregnancy would not be a good mix....  Insert - Super tired and exhausted Mom and teacher.

We started the (school year) celebrating that Bill and I would now work together.  I find it funny that in prior years he wanted to apply to work at the same school as me, and I was very adamant that he would NOT work there.  I didn't think it would be a good idea at all ... Fast forward to married life with kids, and I realized how convenient it would be to have him not only in town, but at the same school.  What a blessing! 
Our First day of School
At the end of August, we had our very first ultrasound.  We were able to see our teeny tiny little baby beginning to grow.  We shared the news with our families on Labor Day weekend. 


We spent September enjoying time playing outside (when it wasn't 100 degrees) and celebrating Miss Adelia's 2nd birthday.  Reagan and Adelia are destined to be best friends.  Our families are 3 generations in of being friends, so it's kind of forced onto them.  The good news is they like each other (at least for now) ha! 


October- began with an appointment with Dr. Abrams (the high risk dr).  This was our first appointment with him for this pregnancy to discuss what the plan of action would be.  I'll never forget this day and Dr. Abrams saying "With the blood clot and the length of your cervix, there's no other explanation outside of a miracle as to how Reagan arrived almost full term and healthy" . I always considered Reagan my miracle, but this day opened my eyes to how much of a miracle she really is! We left this appointment with a plan to try a cerclage. 
-October 6 was the annual "A Walk to Remember" to honor all babies and children who passed too soon.  This was our third time attending and it's something that Bill and I are committed to doing ever year in honor of Kendyn.  It's a day full of emotions for me bringing me back to the day Kendyn was born and the very short time we had with her. 






-The end of the month was the scheduled cerclage.  I was SO nervous because of what happened with Reagan, but it was successful!  Thanks to God himself and wonderful doctors and nurses!  Another check was completed in this pregnancy.
-We also ended October visiting a Pumpkin Patch and celebrating Halloween with our little Minnie Mouse.  






November was full of celebrations! We celebrated Bill's birthday, our 3rd anniversary, Thanksgiving, and Landon's birthday. We also got the house decorated for the holidays.  One of my all time favorite things to do ... and Bill just goes along with it 


December brought Dylan's last Madrigal performance.  He performed all four years in high school and I was lucky enough to go every year.  It's something I looked forward to because it's sooo good! 
-We got our family Christmas pictures taken by the amazing Valerie! 



-We found out we were having another girl!  I think we're destined to have all girls as we're 3 for 3!

-We moved Reagan to a new room and a big girl bed! 

-We celebrated Christmas with our families!






-We ended the year with a night at home just the three of us (and Peanut too)


2018 was a year to remember!  It was our first full year with Reagan and we made so many memories!  

Here's some other favorite pictures:
















No comments:

Post a Comment