Est. 2015

Est. 2015

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Ode to 2015


So I may be a few days late with my annual "year in review" blog, but I wanted to make sure I took the time to document what was one of the all time best years of my life! 

As 2015 started, Bill and I were continuing to attend weekly meetings at our church.  Bill made the decision to join the Catholic Church in the fall of 2014.  I agreed to be his sponsor which meant we had to attend a meeting almost every week from October to April. I wasn't looking forward to it at the beginning and was just seeing it as "one more thing" to do; however, it was, hands down, one of the best things that we could've done together.  We both learned so much, and it was such a great way to grow together in our spiritual lives.  God definitely placed that path in our life for a reason. 

February 4 was just another day until that evening ... Bill came over and PROPOSED ... on a Wednesday!  How exciting to be planning a wedding! 

In April/May, Bill and I began house hunting. We were looking for that perfect place we could call our own.  After looking at quite a few houses (thanks to a phenomenal realtor Lesley), we found the house! 

We closed in late May, spent a weekend painting two rooms, and (thanks to family) moved in and spent our first night here on June 6.  

As teachers, we both enjoyed our summer off!  It was time to get settled into the house and WEDDING plan!  I'm so thankful to have that time off to get so many wedding projects done. 

August - Bill and I became God parents to our sweet nephew, Landon! 

Mom and I have been going to Weight Watchers since March of 2014.  In August, I hit 75 lbs!  Such a huge milestone! 

Right before going back to school, I found out I would be having surgery to remove a rather large cyst on my ovary which ended up being the entire ovary.    You should've seen my mouth drop when the doctor told me I would have to be off of work for 4-6 weeks. Cue - crazy, freak out teacher mode. Thankfully, I found the PERFECT sub and my kinders were in great hands.  I had many sleepless nights and worried so much about this surgery and being away from my classroom, but God was in control and it all worked out just fine. 

Surgery was scheduled two days after my bridal shower.  Talk about a weekend of highs and lows.  The shower was wonderful!  It's so great to see soo many people you love all in one room to celebrate you!  What a great time! 




Then November came.  The month that I was looking forward to all year long!  Our wedding weekend was here .. and we were both here to celebrate.  After what I experienced with my sweet Robert in 2012, I had many, many fears awaiting this wedding weekend.  I just hoped and prayed and prayed some more that Bill and I would live to see our wedding day and be able to begin our happily ever after.  God is GREAT!  With so many loved ones by our side, we had our wedding day and it was just perfect.. and best of all ... we're MARRIED!  I can finally say that I have a HUSBAND, and it feels great!  





We finished off the year with Thanksgiving and Christmas which means time spent with family and friends.  There's no better way to end the year

. 


2015 was such a phenomenal year!  Looking forward to what 2016 brings!  

Happy New Year (even if I'm a few days late)...

No comments:

Post a Comment